Becoming a mother is quite overwhelming. You spend hours looking out for your little one. From feeding to soothing a baby, it takes all your energy and time. However, you must not stop looking for yourself too. Though it is reasonable to experience discomfort and pain during the initial weeks of becoming a mother, you must not ignore consulting the best gynecologist.
After becoming a mother, you may have postpartum complications, like high blood pressure disorder. Some of these complications can be life-threatening for new mothers. Thus, you must receive the best guidance and care at the best hospital.
If you are looking for experienced gynecologists Pune, feel free to contact us at Ankura Hospital. Being the leading healthcare provider across India, we offer reliable services and facilities to all new mothers and babies. We have helped thousands of women get the best postpartum treatment, enabling them to have a healthier lifestyle. So, book an appointment with us and stay fit.
What Are Postpartum Complications?
The first 6-12 weeks following the delivery of your baby is defined as the postpartum period. During this time, you are prone to postpartum complications. This can be due to various factors, such as physiological changes in the body and problems in the labor & delivery process.
As a new mother, you must know postpartum problems. If you experience any unusual symptoms, you must visit a reliable hospital offering gynecology services.
Types of Postpartum Complications
You can embrace parenthood only if you are healthy. So, be aware of all postpartum problems, and ensure your safety. Check out the below-mentioned complications carefully:-
It is usual for women to bleed for 2-6 weeks. Normal bleeding usually begins after childbirth. The bleeding should begin to slow, and with time, you may notice the flow of darker blood is minimized. Each day, you may experience a lighter flow.
However, excessive bleeding after childbirth is of the utmost concern. If you are experiencing the following things, you must consult the gynecologist immediately:-
- If the blood flow has not been reduced
- Continuous passing of large blood clots, even after 3-4 days
- If the blood flow is reduced and the blood color lightens but suddenly gets heavier or returns to bright red color
- Experiencing cramps with an increased flow of blood
Constipation or Incontinence
As a new mother, it is common for you to pee your pants while laughing or sneezing. You may not need to worry about urinary incontinence. Though it is not dangerous, it can cause discomfort and embarrassment. You can wear sanitary napkins or tampons and change these timely. If the incontinence does not decrease with time, you must visit the gynecologist for relief.
You may also suffer from constipation. Well, you can keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
New mothers often experience breast pain and discomfort during the postpartum period. After 3-5 days post childbirth, your milk comes in. This may lead to swelling of your breasts.
You must note that new mothers are prone to a breast infection called mastitis. Though it can be painful, but can be easily treated. So, if you experience any of the below-mentioned symptoms, book an appointment with us at Ankura Hospital today.
- Redness on your breasts
- Breasts are too warm or hot to touch
Suggestions to Stay Healthy Post-pregnancy
It is vital to take precautions post-delivery to ensure your health. With preventive measures, you may be free from any postpartum complications and stay fit. Let us glance at the suggestions below:-
- Post-delivery, the uterine lining of a new mom is shed, leading to excessive bleeding as you would in mensuration. This usually lasts for about six weeks, making you prone to infection. To avoid postpartum complications, you can use tampons or sanitary napkins. You can change these timely to maintain hygiene and safety.
- After childbirth, most women feel pain around their vagina. Wrap an ice pack in a soft towel and put it on your vagina to minimize discomfort.
- Cleaning the area between your vagina and rectum can be difficult as it can be sore. Use warm water to wash it gently to prevent infection.
- You can take a sitz bath, i.e. when you sit in a few inches of warm water daily, helping you reduce soreness around your vagina.
- Breastfeeding moms should eat healthy and nutritious foods. You can include vegetables, fruits, protein legumes, and cereals. You can avoid processed and junk food.
- To prevent exhaustion, you can prefer drinking plenty of fluids, such as water, fresh juices, and coconut water. Drinking huge amounts of water can also help you avoid constipation, the major postpartum complication.
Get Effective Postpartum Treatments & Care at Ankura Hospital
We understand your little one’s health is your top priority. However, you must not stop looking for yourself. You can care for your little one if you are safe and healthy. While taking care of your little one, it is vital to analyze your health. If you experience any unusual symptoms post-childbirth, you can visit Ankura Hospital for effective postpartum treatment.
We provide all gynecology and maternity services, such as nutrition, pelvic floor issue, and breastfeeding support. You can trust us as our team of healthcare professionals can diagnose you precisely and offer effective treatments. In case of any emergency, feel free to contact us at +91 9053108108. Book an appointment with us online, or visit us. We are open 24×7 for you.