Are you planning to conceive a child? If yes, follow this pregnancy guide to know about common problems during this phase and safety practices. Whether you are planning to or are pregnant, you must ensure the safety of yourself and your baby. Seek guidance from a reliable and recognized gynecologist at the earliest.
Common Pregnancy Problems You Must Know
Becoming a parent can be overwhelming; however, you must be ready to face and embrace health challenges during your pregnancy journey.
Check out some common problems women face before, during, and after pregnancy. It may help you identify early signs of pregnancy and get instant medical care. You must note that the problems may vary from one woman to another.
Many women struggle with hormonal issues & overall during pregnancy. However, the extent to which it impacts them varies. Many hormonal imbalances are resolved after childbirth as a woman’s body returns to pre-pregnancy. Hormonal changes lead to distinct physical and emotional challenges, such as morning sickness, mood swings, and fatigue.
If you notice that physical or emotional changes are severe or not resolved post-pregnancy, you must seek immediate medical help & ensure your pregnancy wellness.
Reproductive Health Conditions
If you are planning for pregnancy, you must ensure that you are both physically and mentally stable & healthy. You may face pregnancy complications if you struggle with any reproductive health problems. Some common reproductive health problems are:-
- Endometriosis: It is a health condition involving the growth of a tissue similar to the uterus lining, causing pain and discomfort.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): It can lead to irregular menstrual cycles and hormonal changes. If you have PCOS, you may face fertility issues and are at a higher risk of gestational diabetes & high blood pressure.
- Uterine Fibroids: These are non-cancerous growths in the uterus. The pain and discomfort depend on the size and where the fibroids are located.
Thus, you must ensure your well-being before you begin your pregnancy process. You can consult the best gynecologist nearby for your safety. She may provide a pregnancy guide to assist you throughout your journey.
During post-pregnancy, many women face breastfeeding problems, such as:-
- Sore Nipples: In the initial days of breastfeeding, you may experience discomfort and pain. You may observe that your nipples are sore. In some cases, your nipples may also bleed.
- Mastitis: If your milk duct is blocked, you might develop inflammation and pain. Your breasts may be swollen in this case.
- Less and Higher Milk: Whether your milk production is low or more than required is a matter of concern. It is natural to have fluctuations in milk production in breasts. If you observe that you are unable to produce adequate milk, you can consult your lactation specialist.
As a mother, you should have good maternal health. Thus, visiting your doctor frequently for proper postpartum care would be best. The doctor may monitor the health of you & your baby and address & manage any potential health risks. Additionally, you should follow the doctor-recommended pregnancy care tips.
Follow Safe Practices & Self Care Throughout Pregnancy
Pregnancy Wellness is crucial for you and your baby. It may help eliminate any potential health risks, resulting in overall well-being.
It is necessary to consume nutritious dietary products instead of junk food. Due to pregnancy, you may gain weight. Thus, to ensure your and your baby’s health, consume food rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates & fats.
If you are hydrated, the amniotic fluid levels are maintained, supporting overall body functions. Thus, you must drink plenty of water every day.
You must prioritize sleep and rest. It is essential for increased energy levels and overall health. As new mothers, it may be difficult for you to sleep properly. So, whenever your baby sleeps, you can try sleeping too.
Avoid Harmful Substances
It is advisable to avoid drinking alcohol and smoking. These toxins may have an adverse impact on a baby’s and your health.
You can visit your gynecologist before, during, and after pregnancy. Any potential risk can be identified and managed immediately, resulting in your and your baby’s well-being.
Receive Prenatal and Postpartum Care at Ankura Hospital!
Embark on your journey towards parenthood with the assistance from the well-known healthcare providers today. With adequate medical attention and care, you and your baby may stay safe & healthy. You should be aware of the expected maternal health problems to receive the ultimate solutions instantly and be safe.
Ankura Hospital is India’s leading women’s and children’s healthcare provider. We offer gynecology, maternity, and pediatric services, ensuring women and children stay safe and healthy. We understand the common physical and emotional challenges new parents face. Thus, we offer counseling sessions, enabling parents to stay healthy and provide adequate care to their children. Our team of experienced gynecologists offers pregnancy wellness to all patients.
Begin your pathway to a healthy and happy parenthood with us at Ankura Hospital today.