General Pediatrics is a branch of medicine that deals with the medical aid and care of infants, children and adolescents. Earlier, general pediatrics only meant cures for children. As of now the worldwide age limits of pediatrics have been trending upwards year after year. With 900+ beds, Ankura Hospital has the best General Pediatrics department in Tirupati. We aim to help accommodate the needs of as many children as possible.
The general pediatrics department at Ankura Hospital, Tirupati, focuses on your child’s well-being, including your child’s physical, emotional, and social health. Our expert pediatricians diagnose and treat a wide variety of childhood-related illnesses like:
- Minor illnesses like seasonal problems and allergies: Seasonal allergies are called seasonal allergic rhinitis or “hay fever.” These allergy symptoms happen during certain times, especially when trees, grasses, and weeds release tiny pollen particles into the air to fertilize other plants.
- General health check-ups and vaccinations: Childhood vaccines or immunizations seem overwhelming when you are a new parent. Vaccinations not only protect your child from deadly diseases, such as polio, tetanus, and diphtheria but also keep other children safe. They eliminate or significantly decrease dangerous diseases that spread from one child to the other.
The first concern of every parent is their child’s health. Pediatricians are regarded as a trusted source of information when taking care of your child’s health needs. The Department of General Pediatrics in Ankura Hospital offers the following:
- We ensure that your child receives the best care possible and meets all your child’s health needs.
- We provide comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care for sick infants and children up to 18 years.
- We provide primary preventive pediatric care, which addresses well-baby check-ups, immunizations, developmental assessments, nutritional assessments, healthy lifestyles, and proper physical activities.
We at Ankura Hospital are well-equipped to solve all your problems and take care of your concerns. First-time parents are usually very new to adapt according to the child’s needs. They might need proper guidance from time to time. We are committed to providing a caring and child-friendly environment. New parents also need to keep track of their child’s immunizations. Our reliable team of trusted and experienced pediatricians, health care specialists, and pediatric consultants will be with you through the entire journey to ensure your child is healthy and safe. Visit us!
A general pediatrician is a doctor with the knowledge and skills to manage a wide range of health problems and concerns in children and young people.
Sore throat, ear pain, urinary tract infection, bacterial infections, fungal infections.
Sore Throat is distinguished by pain, scratchiness or irritation.
Common symptoms of sore throat include:
- If there is a scratchy sensation or pain in the throat
- If the pain gets worse particularly when talking or swallowing
- If your child finds it hard to swallow
- If the glands in your child’s neck or jaw have swelling and soreness
- If your child’s tonsils become red and swollen
- If your child’s voice grows hoarse or muffled
The common symptoms of ear pain include:
- If your child is experiencing fever without any probable cause
- If you notice your child to be usually fussy
- If you observe that your child is having trouble sleeping
- If you see that your child is trying to pull their ears
- If you note that your child is finding it difficult to respond to or hear quiet sounds
In some cases, children experiencing ear infection may also have some fluid drainage from their ears. It is best to get an opinion from your general pediatrician for ear pain.
- Cold characterised by a runny nose, fever, and high body temperatures
- Respiratory Infections displaying signs of coughing and infections related to the respiratory tract, for example, bacterial bronchitis
- Intestinal Infections leading to intestinal infections, resulting in vomiting and diarrhoea
- Fungal Infections manifest in a variety of forms in children
- Tinea Capitis or Scalp Ringworm that affects the scalp and hair shafts in children
- Jock itch develops in the upper thighs and the groin area
- Candida is a form of infection affecting the skin surrounding the nails in children.
- If your children are wearing clothes that are tight-fitting and prevents breathability, particularly in hot weather
- If your child has used a shared towel where fungi can survive up to several days
- Inflammatory Infections are caused as a result of a weakened immune system in your child.
Yes, you can choose and meet your pediatrician before your baby is born to get acquainted with and to clarify any queries you may have.
Your child should not only see the pediatrician for an illness. It is also important to schedule well-care visits or checkups as these routine examinations provide the best opportunity for the doctor to observe the progress of your child’s physical and mental growth and development; to counsel and teach parents; to detect problems through screening tests; to provide immunisations, and to get to know one another. Visits are strongly recommended as part of preventive pediatric care. These visits are a good opportunity for parents to bring up concerns regarding a child’s development, behaviour, nutrition, and overall well-being.
There are a few things you will need if you are planning your child’s first visit. When you arrive for your session, please give the following information: Insurance Cards, Complete records of immunizations and medical history.
The Guthrie test, also called the PKU test, is a diagnostic tool to test infants for phenylketonuria a few days after birth. Guthrie test detects any enzymatic or biochemical disorder in an otherwise normal-looking baby, and this test ensures the baby is proactively saved from any damage.
Vaccines are very important to prevent getting serious illnesses. A general pediatrician will provide a schedule of dates for the vaccinations the child should take.
Both a General Physician and a Pediatrician are clinicians who serve patients of various ages. Pediatricians work with children from birth until age 21. They specialise in caring for infants, children, and teenagers. Physicians can specialise in a particular area of medicine and treat both children and adults.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.
Child and Baby Care Clinic In Tirupati
Ankura Hospital is an excellent place of healing imbibed with commitment and compassion to cater to the patients. We are on a mission to facilitate women’s and children’s health by implementing an ethical medical ecosystem. Our child specialist hospital in Tirupati ensures specialty-based, equity-driven, state-of-the-art, and evidence-based pediatric patient care. Novel technologies and Innovative solutions are utilized to protect, restore and preserve the kid’s health. We have a separate research and development department that helps deploy the most appropriate childcare & safety practices. The fact that makes us the best pediatrician in Tirupati is our kids-friendly services by ensuring a fraternal ethos.
How to Choose the Best Pediatrician In Tirupati?
Ankura Hospital is dedicated to provide top-notch patient care. At Ankura Hospital, we provide treatments or operations using cutting-edge technology while upholding strict transparency throughout the process. Our medical staff is well-trained and equipped to treat any patient condition. Modern medical infrastructure and facilities adhere to worldwide standards for efficiency and safety. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is available when a newborn infant needs further care. A High Dependency Unit (HDU) is available for patients requiring close observation. In the unlikely event that a woman requires brief intensive care, she is stabilized in the HDU. As the leading gynecology hospital, Ankura Hospital has a fully-equipped ambulance, contributing to the robustness of patient transport operations. As we ensure every expectant mother has a complete pre-assessment and pre-delivery check, we report a low rate of problems at Ankura Hospital. Since we believe in leaving nothing to chance, we have the best gynecologist in Tirupati. The most important principle at Ankura Hospital is patient safety. In light of this, we declare, “You are in safe hands.”
At Ankura Hospital, we commit to providing our patients with brief counseling and evaluation. Ultrasound scans, which can give precise information about the mother and the child’s development, are crucial to facilitate this. Our best pediatrician in Tirupati has integrated the Obstetrical Ultrasound Units, built to a high-quality standard, and features cutting-edge 4D/5D imaging technologies. This enables us to collect precise fetal development diagnoses and detailed assessment reports to ensure that the appropriate treatment is provided correctly. The delight of the experience can be enhanced by ultrasound images, which allow expectant parents to observe their baby’s development and individuality.
Annual Physicians Exams
A routine checkup is very crucial for the development of your kid. These regular checkups are also referred to as annual physician’s exams. It is the essential text as it determines whether the kid is developing well & as expected or not. Primarily, the examination consists of physical checks such as weight, height, and body appearance. If the kid is not growing normally, various measures & treatments will be performed to ensure that the correct wellness and growth of the kid can be achieved through medication and therapies. At Ankura hospital, the best paediatrician in Tirupati is available who will track and monitor the regular health status of your kid so that every possible treatment can be done at the right time.
Immunization of infants is not only legal but also a health imperative. Negligence is not in our culture. As the best child care clinic in Tirupati, we offer the vaccine schedule for your child’s growth and wellness. The majority of vaccines given to infants begin at birth and typically finish around the age of 18 months.
The child’s behavior is constantly a cause of concern for new parents. Most of them are still determining whether their kids are acting as they should or whether additional behavioral issues require a professional’s help. Therefore, always consider hiring a qualified specialist who might aid in comprehending the child’s behavior. Pediatricians are knowledgeable about children’s behavior and can explain whether something is typical or not right away. Our hospitals consist of the best pediatrician in Hyderabad and Tirupati having significant experience in curing behavioral issues in infants, youngsters, and teenagers.
The care of children goes beyond vaccines and regular checkups; it also involves ensuring kids are receiving the proper nourishment for growth. Most kids tend to become fussy eaters, and they will, after that, be deficient in several crucial nutrients necessary for their development. The ideal pediatrician will ensure that the children receive the required intake of nutrients each day. Our best pediatrician in Tirupati constantly gives the parents alternative dietary sources.
In particular, during the colder months, newborn care is highly beneficial for treating common colds. It is well known that children with colds are more likely to get other infections, and there is a good potential for them to develop into more severe conditions if not treated immediately. Therefore, it’s crucial to consider visiting a pediatrician in Vijayawada or Tirupati for a checkup and treatment for the common cold.