How your child behaves, thinks, moves, and speaks are the building blocks towards their development. Every child progresses at their own pace, but there are specific skills they should develop by a certain age, known as developmental milestones. Ankura Hospital has the best Child Development Center in Madinaguda. It is well-equipped to suit the needs of children with developmental disabilities or autism. We consider children’s needs with all requirements and offer a safe and nurturing environment that stimulates your child’s cognitive growth and development.
Early child development sets the foundation for lifelong learning, behavior, and health. Children’s experiences in early childhood shape the brain and the child’s capacity to learn, get along with others, and respond to daily stresses and challenges. We at Ankura nurture the child by changing over time. This changing process covers the whole period from conception to an individual becoming a fully functioning adult.
These milestones built across the main areas of child development are:
- Gross Motor Skill Development: It refers to the physical skills needed to make large body movements relating to the large muscles, specifically the head, neck, arms, and legs. It’s the movement of their arms, legs, or torso in a coordinated and controlled manner.
- Fine Motor Skill Development: It refers to the physical skills needed to make smaller movements, i.e related to small muscles, specifically their hands and fingers.
- Social and Emotional Development: These refer to the child’s ability to interact and communicate with others and manage their emotions. Some examples of socio-emotional development can be empathy, sympathy, the ability to relate to others, and even expressing themselves.
- Speech and Language Development: It refers to a child’s skills to understand and communicate with others. It is crucial for their thought process, problem-solving, and forming relationships with others.
- Cognitive Development: Cognitive development is a branch of psychology and neuroscience that studies how a child’s brain develops in terms of information processing and other elements of adult brain development. It is the growth of information, skills and problem-solving abilities that enable children to think about and comprehend the world around them.
As your baby’s brain develops through infancy and early childhood, so does their capacity to remember. Memory plays a hugely significant role in a child’s socio-emotional and cognitive functioning.
At Ankura, the responsibility of helping your child with behavioral and developmental issues is entirely ours. We make sure that we provide an engaging environment for kids and help them learn exciting things through physical activities. The spaces we use to engage children involve a home-like feeling, to which our trusted set of experienced doctors add value. Sign up with us!
Children grow and develop rapidly in their first five years across the four main areas of development. The areas of child development are motor (physical), language and communication, cognitive and social/emotional.
Good early childhood development has consistently been shown to have a direct positive impact on a child’s long-term health outcomes, as well as improving future chances, school attainment, and even earning potential.
- Slow to meet milestones: roll over, crawl, walk, talk, potty train
- Delayed speech or language development
- Learning problems, reading (dyslexia), writing, math
- Attention (ADHD) or memory problems
- Behavior or emotional difficulties due to development/learning problems
- Stimulate physical activities, social interactions, abstract thinking, and cognitive performance
- Regular muscle exercises help to physically strengthen the body’s core.
- Improve fine and gross motor control, eye-hand coordination, impulse control, and attention
- Promote speech through oral motor development, and position and use adaptive assistive equipment such as splints in the event of injury or inappropriate limb positioning
Dyslexia is a learning disorder in which people have trouble reading because they can’t recognise speech sounds or understand how they relate to letters and words. Dyslexia affects the parts of the brain that process language.
- ADHD is one of the most common pediatric neurodevelopmental diseases. It is most commonly diagnosed in childhood and lasts far into adulthood. Children with ADHD may have difficulty paying attention, impulsively acting out, or being extremely active.
A child’s continued normal growth and development indicates that he or she is in good health and nutrition. A symptom of illness is abnormal growth or growth failure. As a result, growth measurement is important.
Play can engage all of a child’s senses (sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste), and children learn a variety of abilities through play, including problem-solving, creativity, emotional expression, and socialisation. Play, in addition to developing attachment with parents and caregivers, helps a kid develop self-confidence and self-worth.
The most significant aspect in a child’s growth is almost probably his or her family. Parents spend the most time with their children in early life, and have a significant influence on how they act, think, and behave. The possibilities a child has for social, emotional, and even physical development are extremely important, and a strong familial link can make all the difference.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.