Pediatric Nephrology is a department of pediatrics dealing with the diagnosis, investigation, and management of chronic and acute kidney diseases, including the provision of dialysis and renal transplantation. If you are looking for the best Pediatric Nephrologists in Mehdipatnam, Ankura Hospital is the best place.
Conditions treated under Pediatric Nephrology.
Ankura Hospital is supported by the latest high-end equipment, NICUs, PICUs, 24×7 emergency and transport services to meet all medical needs meticulously for women & children. We ensure the delivery of Integrity, Excellence, Empathy, and Teamwork in every patient experience. The conditions treated under our Pediatric Nephrology department are:
- Kidney Biopsies – It is a procedure to remove a small piece of kidney tissue that can be examined under a microscope for signs of damage or disease. Two types of methods that can be used for kidney biopsies are needle biopsy and open biopsy.
- SLED – Sustained low-efficiency dialysis (SLED) is an increasingly popular form of renal replacement therapy for patients with renal failure in the intensive care unit. A method used for treating this condition is Plasmapheresis.
Pediatric Urology & Surgery
The Pediatric Urology & Surgery department at Ankura Hospital provides complete care to infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with surgical problems. We are leaders in minimally invasive surgery techniques, which mean less pain and quicker recoveries for our young patients. The facilities have state–of–the–art NICU, and PICUs, well-equipped operation theaters, excellent daycare facilities, and monitoring rooms. They also have pre & post-operation areas to ensure the utmost care for the young ones.
- Complex neonatal surgeries
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries
- Major reconstructive pediatric urology
- Major thoracic and abdominal surgeries
- Pediatric airway surgeries, complex spine and hip deformities
- Treatment of ear, nose & throat conditions
- Surgical procedures related to airway problems
Pediatric Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Hernia Repair
- Undescended testis
- Meckel’s Diverticulum
- Choledochal Cyst
- Pediatric Urologic Surgeries
- Hypospadias repair
- Pyeloplasty (laparoscopic)
- Vesicoscopic ureteral reimplantation
- Posterior urethral valve
- Newborn Anamely Surgeries
- Anorectal Malformation
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Cong Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Cystic Hygroma
- Intestinal Atresia
- Biliary Atresia
- Thoracic Surgeries
- Bronchoscopy & FB removal
Ankura Hospital for Women and Children offers various services — from Pediatric care to advanced surgery, bronchoscopy, labor, and delivery. Our specialized doctors are committed to bringing wellness and healing close to home. The Mehdipatnam center has a total capacity of 100 beds equipped to support every patient Ankura has. For more queries, please book an appointment with our expert consultants!
A pediatric nephrologist is a doctor who specialises in the diagnosis, investigation, and treatment of chronic and acute kidney disease in children, including dialysis and kidney transplantation.
- Abnormalities present at birth
- Acute and chronic kidney failure
- Congenital nephrotic syndrome
- Glomerular diseases
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Obstructions along the urinary tract
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Urinary tract infections
Kidney diseases in children can be caused by
- Birth defects
- Hereditary diseases
- Urine blockage or reflux
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Systemic diseases
Dipstick test for albumin, urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio, blood test, imaging studies and kidney biopsy are different ways a kidney disease is diagnosed in children.
Albumin in the urine could be a sign of renal disease. A strip of chemically treated paper is placed on the urine sample in the dipstick test. Albumin causes the colour of the paper to shift.
This involves taking a small sample of kidney tissue and then examining it under a microscope. Through kidney biopsy, the cause and extent of damage caused to the kidneys can be determined.
Kidney illness in children is treated differently depending on the cause of the condition. Medication may be administered if the condition is causing high blood pressure. The progression of renal disease will be greatly reduced as blood pressure stabilises. Treatment for anaemia and growth failure must be offered when kidney function declines. Erythropoietin, a hormone that increases the production of red blood cells in the bone marrow, is used to treat anaemia. Children with growth failure must take food supplements, growth hormone injections, and make dietary modifications. If the child’s renal illness progresses to kidney failure, he or she will need dialysis or a transplant.
- Significant increase in the frequency of urination
- Burning sensations or pain during urination
- Presence of blood in the urine
- Difficulty in controlling the urination
- swelling around the eyes, face, feet, and ankles
- recurrence of night-time bedwetting
- high blood pressure
The fields of nephrology and urology share some overlap because they can both involve the kidneys. While a pediatric nephrologist focuses on diseases and conditions that affect the kidney in children, and a urologist focuses on diseases and conditions that can affect the male and female urinary tract.
Kidney failure, high blood pressure, hereditary kidney illnesses, kidney stones, urinary tract infections, and abnormalities in the urine such as blood and protein are all conditions that paediatric nephrologists diagnose, treat, and manage. They also understand how to assess and treat growth and development issues that are linked to chronic renal disease.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.