Pediatric Radiology is a division that focuses on diagnostic imaging for newborns, adolescents, and teenagers. Conventional radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, excretory urography, nuclear medicine, excretory urography, MR spectroscopy, interventional radiology, radiation oncology, and many more diagnostic imaging modalities are commonly used in this discipline.
Ankura Hospital has the best pediatric radiologists in Banjara Hills. We are committed to providing exceptional treatment and experiences for our patients and their families. We employ cutting-edge technology intending to reduce patient worry and provide the reassurance they require to feel better and heal properly!
Services offered at Ankura
Advanced cardiac imaging and tractography are procedural technologies that provide enhanced imaging for optimal diagnosis. Ankura creates an environment that prioritizes patient sensitivity and attains it through distraction techniques, appropriate coping skills to facilitate distraction for kids, and various sedation techniques.
- Interventional Radiology: It is a significant part of the Pediatric Radiology Department at Ankura.
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging: This service images the cardiac anatomy, which further aids in evaluating cardiac functioning and output.
- Tractography: Ankura uses this technology for acquiring advanced information that is very useful for patient prognosis and surgical planning.
- Before your Visit: Our concerned staff members will attempt to contact the patient’s family to go over the examination details, review any necessary preparation, and answer their questions or concerns.
- During your visit: All the safety measures will be taken, including making the child remove metallic accessories (if any), making the child change into hospital gowns, and the like.
- After your Visit: Monitoring your child for some time after they come out of the procedure room and giving test results within 48 hours of the test being conducted are some of the post-test activities that we carry out.
We at Ankura Hospital are committed to providing a caring and child-friendly environment. We achieve this through our reliable team of trusted and experienced pediatricians, health care specialists, and pediatric radiologists. We are here to create a memorable experience and provide holistic care for women and children marked by an exceptional patient-centric approach while building trust with all those who have faith in us.
Our highly experienced pediatricians ensure that your child receives the best care possible and meets all your child’s health needs. We deliver integrity, excellence, and empathy in addition to customer satisfaction. To know more, contact us or book an appointment!
A radiograph (x-ray) is a noninvasive medical diagnostic that aids doctors in diagnosing and treating medical disorders. X-rays are the most common and oldest type of medical imaging.
Mammography is a diagnostic and screening procedure that involves the use of low-dose amplitude X-rays to examine the human breast. Mammography aids in the early identification of breast cancer by detecting distinctive masses and/or microcalcifications.
CT or CAT scans are specialised x-ray diagnostics that use x-rays and a computer to create cross-sectional images of the body. These images allow a radiologist to examine the inside of the body. It gives a close look at a variety of bodily components in great detail. Any portion of the body can be scanned using a CT scan. CT scans of internal organs, bone, soft tissue, and blood vessels provide greater resolution and disclose more details than traditional x-ray tests, allowing radiologists to diagnose diseases including cancer, cardiovascular disease, infectious disease, trauma, and musculoskeletal disorders more quickly.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) creates detailed images of the inside of your body using a strong magnetic field and radio waves. Muscles, joints, bone marrow, blood arteries, nerves, and other structures in your body can all be seen using an MRI scan. An MRI scan can produce detailed images of almost any portion of the body.
The fluoroscopy technique Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) is used in interventional radiology to clearly see blood arteries in a bony or thick soft tissue environment. DSA is most commonly used to see blood vessels.
Ultrasound is a type of high-frequency sound that penetrates freely through the body’s fluid and soft tissues and is used to:
- Check for anomalies in the growth of an unborn kid.
- Detect anomalies in heart valves and other heart components.
- Diagnose liver, gallbladder (including gallstones), pancreas, thyroid gland, lymph nodes, ovaries, testes, kidneys, bladder, and breast issues.
- Detect inappropriate blood vessel widening (aneurysms)
Some scans require you to not eat anything for hours prior to the scan. Some scans require you to drink a lot of water before the scan. And you should not wear any form of jewelry for a scan. Make sure to check with your doctor for the do’s and don’ts well before your scan.
Metal can obstruct the proper operation of an imaging machine, particularly a magnetic resonance imaging machine (MRI). Before the scan, make sure your doctor knows if you have any metal or other implanted devices in your body.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.