The Pediatric Oncology is the department that deals with children, adolescents, and young adults with cancer, blood disorders, bone marrow failure, and congenital immune deficiencies. If you are looking for the best pediatric oncologists in Boduppal, Ankura is the place!
Special attention is provided to children with cancer and blood disorders. From diagnosis to recovery, it is our responsibility to recognise their individual requirements and provide comprehensive, compassionate care. Our structure is designed to make these services as accessible as possible. Patients can visit the office, get tested, and receive treatment (including chemotherapy and blood transfusions) all in one location. Professional physicians and advanced practice nurses make up our team, and they are dedicated to delivering medical and emotional care to children and their families.
Adult and childhood malignancies are treated differently since the way cancer manifests in children is significantly different. A child’s cancer responds to treatment in a different way than an adult’s. The majority of youngsters do not have the same underlying health problems as adult patients do. When compared to adults, children have a better chance of recovering, but they also run the danger of long-term negative effects from the treatments.
Children and families at Ankura have access to a wide range of support services and professionals who can assist them in navigating many of the social and emotional challenges that can occur as a result of illness. All sorts of children’s malignancies and blood-related illnesses are diagnosed and treated at our facility.
Conditions treated at Ankura
Some of the conditions we treat are as follows:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Tumors
- Brain Tumors
- Childhood Lymphomas
- Ewing’s Sarcomas
- Extracranial Germ Cell Tumor
- Hodgkin’s Disease
- Liver Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Wilms’ Tumor
- Other Childhood Kidney Tumors, Bone Marrow Failure, Thrombocytopenia and Sickle Cell Disease.
- Radiation Therapy – In youngsters, it has more dangerous adverse effects than in adults. Because children are still developing, any harm to healthy tissue and organs induced by radiation would have more serious long-term implications. Some cancer treatments include stem cell transplantation as a follow-up to chemotherapy.
- Surgery – Surgeries are used to remove cancerous tumors as well as a small margin of healthy cells surrounding them. It is frequently followed by chemotherapy because there is always the possibility of some cells remaining.
Technology we use
Short-term and long-term care and Disease Management at Ankura include the following:
- Pediatric Medical Oncology treatment
- Pediatric Radiation Oncology treatment
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology treatment
- Pain Control
- Shaped-beam radiosurgery
Our highly skilled team of Pediatric Oncologists has expertise and experience in treating complex cancer cases amongst children. For more information, sign up with us!
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.