Hormones play a significant role in the growth & development of a child. It controls the body’s primary functions such as metabolism, puberty & sexual development. If you are looking for the best Pediatric Endocrinology Specialists in Mehdipatnam, your search ends here. Ankura is always on its toes to help you and your child in every possible way!
Areas of Treatment
At Ankura, we bring doctors who deliver exceptional care for a range of complex endocrine disorders. We aim to provide treatment for pediatric endocrinology disorders to resolve your child’s symptoms. Some of the conditions that we diagnose and treat for your child are:
- Growth problems
- Short Stature
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
- Precocious puberty
- Delayed puberty
- Hypothalamic and pituitary disorders
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Adrenal disorders
- Ambiguous genitalia
- Parathyroid disorders
Ankura offers state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment options, such as:
- Pediatric Diabetes Program – It offers weight management with personalized approaches based on your child’s needs, such as personalized nutritional evaluation and personalized psychosocial evaluation.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy – The goal of giving insulin therapy is to keep your child’s blood sugar level in a normal range as much as possible to stay healthy.
- Endocrine Procedures – It includes processes like Adrenal venous sampling, Endocrine Testing Center and Inferior petrosal sinus sampling.
- Endocrine surgeries – Adrenal surgeries, parathyroid surgeries, and thyroid surgeries are some of the surgeries that constitute endocrine surgeries.
- Neurosurgical Procedures – Endoscopic transnasal pituitary surgery is one of the major surgeries offered.
Ankura Hospitals is a multi-chain hospital dedicated to Women & Children. We provide:
- Comprehensive care to children, pregnant women and to-be moms
- Ensure smooth deliveries
- Track overall health, growth and developmental milestones
- Provide regular immunizations
Experts at Ankura who are board-certified in pediatrics and pediatric endocrinology have been treating endocrine disease in children and teenagers for over 12 years now. Using a team approach, we work closely in radiology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, surgery, and other specialties, including advanced surgery, bronchoscopy, labor, and delivery, to meet every patient’s needs. Ankura is empanelled under the National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and healthcare institutions and is also accredited to offer fellowship programs for IAP, NICU & PICU.
Book an appointment with us for a consultation!
Health problems related to the endocrine gland can be an issue for adults as well as children. Pediatricians specializing in dealing with endocrine problems in children are known as pediatric endocrinologists.
A pediatric endocrinologist may treat your child if he or she has issues with growth, puberty, diabetes, or other illnesses involving hormones and the glands that create them.
- Adrenal glands disorders
- Bone and mineral disorders
- Childhood obesity
- Diabetes, including type 1 and type 2
- Growth disorders
- Lipid disorders
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia, type 1 (MEN 1) and type 2 (MEN 2)
- Pituitary disorders
- Puberty disorders
- Thyroid disorders
The following are signs and symptoms of an endocrine disorder:
- Unusual growth patterns, such as growth that is too fast or too slow
- Being underweight or overweight for no apparent reason
- Fruity-smelling breath
- Early puberty vs. late puberty
- Overactive or underactive glands (thyroid, adrenal or pituitary)
- Issues with the ovaries or the testicles
These signs and symptoms can indicate a number of endocrine system problems. The most frequent of these problems in children is diabetes, although there are a range of other conditions that impact the endocrine system.
Type 1 diabetes is the most frequent among children, followed by type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is a disease in which the body is unable to break down carbs and sugars due to a shortage of insulin or insulin resistance. Later in time, diabetes can affect the eyes, kidneys, neurological system, heart, and other organs. Keep an eye out for signs including unquenchable thirst, frequent urination, and a voracious appetite. Fatigue and unexplained weight loss are two more symptoms. Visit your pediatric endocrinologist to get a treatment plan.
- Blood tests
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans
- Stimulation tests
PET scans can pinpoint a tumor’s exact location. If we believe that your child’s endocrine cells are growing abnormally, the pediatric endocrine specialist may utilise a PET scan (neuroendocrine tumor). PET scans can also be used to detect malignancies on or around the thyroid. PET scans create a detailed image of the inside of the body using injections and special computers. Your youngster will be given a safe injection of a radioactive material during a PET scan. This substance collects in areas of the body where chemical activity is intense, such as in a tumour. On the scan, the material appears as bright spots, indicating the tumor’s location.
Stimulation tests look at how different glands in your child’s endocrine system react to different hormones. Stimulation tests may be used to diagnose or rule out diabetes, growth hormone issues, early puberty, or congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.