General Pediatrics is a branch of medicine that deals with the medical aid and care of infants, children and adolescents. Earlier, general pediatrics only meant cures for children. As of now the worldwide age limits of pediatrics have been trending upwards year after year. With 900+ beds, Ankura Hospital has the best General Pediatrics department in Khammam. We aim to help accommodate the needs of as many children as possible.
The general pediatrics department at Ankura Hospital, Khammam, focuses on your child’s well-being, including your child’s physical, emotional, and social health. Our expert pediatricians diagnose and treat a wide variety of childhood-related illnesses like:
- Minor illnesses like seasonal problems and allergies: Seasonal allergies are called seasonal allergic rhinitis or “hay fever.” These allergy symptoms happen during certain times, especially when trees, grasses, and weeds release tiny pollen particles into the air to fertilize other plants.
- General health check-ups and vaccinations: Childhood vaccines or immunizations seem overwhelming when you are a new parent. Vaccinations not only protect your child from deadly diseases, such as polio, tetanus, and diphtheria but also keep other children safe. They eliminate or significantly decrease dangerous diseases that spread from one child to the other.
The first concern of every parent is their child’s health. Pediatricians are regarded as a trusted source of information when taking care of your child’s health needs. The Department of General Pediatrics in Ankura Hospital offers the following:
- We ensure that your child receives the best care possible and meets all your child’s health needs.
- We provide comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care for sick infants and children up to 18 years.
- We provide primary preventive pediatric care, which addresses well-baby check-ups, immunizations, developmental assessments, nutritional assessments, healthy lifestyles, and proper physical activities.
We at Ankura Hospital are well-equipped to solve all your problems and take care of your concerns. First-time parents are usually very new to adapt according to the child’s needs. They might need proper guidance from time to time. We are committed to providing a caring and child-friendly environment. New parents also need to keep track of their child’s immunizations. Our reliable team of trusted and experienced pediatricians, health care specialists, and pediatric consultants will be with you through the entire journey to ensure your child is healthy and safe. Visit us!
Sore Throat is distinguished by pain, scratchiness or irritation.
Common symptoms of sore throat include:
- If there is a scratchy sensation or pain in the throat
- If the pain gets worse particularly when talking or swallowing
- If your child finds it hard to swallow
- If the glands in your child’s neck or jaw have swelling and soreness
- If your child’s tonsils become red and swollen
- If your child’s voice grows hoarse or muffled
The common symptoms of ear pain include:
- If your child is experiencing fever without any probable cause
- If you notice your child to be usually fussy
- If you observe that your child is having trouble sleeping
- If you see that your child is trying to pull their ears
- If you note that your child is finding it difficult to respond to or hear quiet sounds
In some cases, children experiencing ear infection may also have some fluid drainage from their ears. It is best to get an opinion from your general pediatrician for ear pain.
- Cold characterised by a runny nose, fever, and high body temperatures
- Respiratory Infections displaying signs of coughing and infections related to the respiratory tract, for example, bacterial bronchitis
- Intestinal Infections leading to intestinal infections, resulting in vomiting and diarrhoea
- Fungal Infections manifest in a variety of forms in children
- Tinea Capitis or Scalp Ringworm that affects the scalp and hair shafts in children
- Jock itch develops in the upper thighs and the groin area
- Candida is a form of infection affecting the skin surrounding the nails in children.
- If your children are wearing clothes that are tight-fitting and prevents breathability, particularly in hot weather
- If your child has used a shared towel where fungi can survive up to several days
- Inflammatory Infections are caused as a result of a weakened immune system in your child.
Your child should not only see the pediatrician for an illness. It is also important to schedule well-care visits or checkups as these routine examinations provide the best opportunity for the doctor to observe the progress of your child’s physical and mental growth and development; to counsel and teach parents; to detect problems through screening tests; to provide immunisations, and to get to know one another. Visits are strongly recommended as part of preventive pediatric care. These visits are a good opportunity for parents to bring up concerns regarding a child’s development, behaviour, nutrition, and overall well-being.
There are a few things you will need if you are planning your child’s first visit. When you arrive for your session, please give the following information: Insurance Cards, Complete records of immunizations and medical history.
The Guthrie test, also called the PKU test, is a diagnostic tool to test infants for phenylketonuria a few days after birth. Guthrie test detects any enzymatic or biochemical disorder in an otherwise normal-looking baby, and this test ensures the baby is proactively saved from any damage.
Vaccines are very important to prevent getting serious illnesses. A general pediatrician will provide a schedule of dates for the vaccinations the child should take.
Both a General Physician and a Pediatrician are clinicians who serve patients of various ages. Pediatricians work with children from birth until age 21. They specialise in caring for infants, children, and teenagers. Physicians can specialise in a particular area of medicine and treat both children and adults.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.