General Pediatrics is a medical specialty that focuses on the medical treatment and care of newborns, children, and adolescents. Previously, general pediatrics solely meant child cures. Pediatric age limits are currently increasing upwards year after year over the world. Ankura Hospital offers the best General Pediatrics department in Balanagar, with about 900 beds. We want to ensure that as many children as possible get their needs met.
We are well-equipped at Ankura Hospital to handle all of your difficulties and address your concerns. First-time parents are often too inexperienced to adjust to their child’s requirements. From time to time, they may require adequate guidance. We are dedicated to creating a safe and nurturing environment for children. In addition, new parents must maintain track of their child’s vaccines. Our trusted and experienced team of physicians, health care specialists, and pediatric consultants will be with you to ensure your child’s health and safety.
The general pediatrics department at Ankura Hospital is concerned with your child’s overall health, including physical, emotional, and social well-being. Our board-certified pediatricians diagnose and treat a wide range of childhood ailments, including:
- Minor ailments, such as allergies and seasonal problems: Seasonal allergic rhinitis, also known as “hay fever,” is the name of seasonal allergies. These allergy symptoms appear at specific periods of the year, mainly when trees, grasses, and weeds release pollen particles into the air to fertilize other plants.
- Vaccinations and general health examinations: Childhood vaccines or immunizations can feel daunting when you’re a new parent. Vaccines not only protect your child from diseases like polio, tetanus, and diphtheria, but they also protect other children. They eliminate or significantly decrease dangerous diseases that spread from one child to another.
Services at Ankura
- We ensure that your child receives the best possible care and that all of their health needs are met.
- For unwell infants and children up to 18, we provide comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care.
- Primary preventive pediatric care includes well-baby check-ups, vaccines, developmental evaluations, dietary assessments, healthy lifestyles, and appropriate physical activity.
We offer comprehensive care for Women & children to ensure smooth deliveries, overall health, growth and development milestones, proper nutrition, and regular immunizations. We have highly experienced General pediatricians who provide the best possible care & cure to children at every stage of their growth, well-being, and beyond. Book an appointment with us!
Sore Throat is distinguished by pain, scratchiness or irritation.
Common symptoms of sore throat include:
- If there is a scratchy sensation or pain in the throat
- If the pain gets worse particularly when talking or swallowing
- If your child finds it hard to swallow
- If the glands in your child’s neck or jaw have swelling and soreness
- If your child’s tonsils become red and swollen
- If your child’s voice grows hoarse or muffled
The common symptoms of ear pain include:
- If your child is experiencing fever without any probable cause
- If you notice your child to be usually fussy
- If you observe that your child is having trouble sleeping
- If you see that your child is trying to pull their ears
- If you note that your child is finding it difficult to respond to or hear quiet sounds
In some cases, children experiencing ear infection may also have some fluid drainage from their ears. It is best to get an opinion from your general pediatrician for ear pain.
- Cold characterised by a runny nose, fever, and high body temperatures
- Respiratory Infections displaying signs of coughing and infections related to the respiratory tract, for example, bacterial bronchitis
- Intestinal Infections leading to intestinal infections, resulting in vomiting and diarrhoea
- Fungal Infections manifest in a variety of forms in children
- Tinea Capitis or Scalp Ringworm that affects the scalp and hair shafts in children
- Jock itch develops in the upper thighs and the groin area
- Candida is a form of infection affecting the skin surrounding the nails in children.
- If your children are wearing clothes that are tight-fitting and prevents breathability, particularly in hot weather
- If your child has used a shared towel where fungi can survive up to several days
- Inflammatory Infections are caused as a result of a weakened immune system in your child.
Your child should not only see the pediatrician for an illness. It is also important to schedule well-care visits or checkups as these routine examinations provide the best opportunity for the doctor to observe the progress of your child’s physical and mental growth and development; to counsel and teach parents; to detect problems through screening tests; to provide immunisations, and to get to know one another. Visits are strongly recommended as part of preventive pediatric care. These visits are a good opportunity for parents to bring up concerns regarding a child’s development, behaviour, nutrition, and overall well-being.
There are a few things you will need if you are planning your child’s first visit. When you arrive for your session, please give the following information: Insurance Cards, Complete records of immunizations and medical history.
The Guthrie test, also called the PKU test, is a diagnostic tool to test infants for phenylketonuria a few days after birth. Guthrie test detects any enzymatic or biochemical disorder in an otherwise normal-looking baby, and this test ensures the baby is proactively saved from any damage.
Vaccines are very important to prevent getting serious illnesses. A general pediatrician will provide a schedule of dates for the vaccinations the child should take.
Both a General Physician and a Pediatrician are clinicians who serve patients of various ages. Pediatricians work with children from birth until age 21. They specialise in caring for infants, children, and teenagers. Physicians can specialise in a particular area of medicine and treat both children and adults.
Book An Appointment
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.